Native C++ DLL into Xamarin.Android RRS feed

• Question

• User139519 posted

Hi, guys,

I am facing a linking issue. I have a Xamarin.Android project that refers to a .NET Standard library that is within the same solution. In that .NET Standard library I am utilizing an external SDK (managed DLLs build for .NET Standard). But those external DLLs are wrappers of the native C++ DLLs. So in order to use them (I spoke with the SDK providers) I have to have those native DLLs copied to the working directory of the project. I tried with copying in the Output folder and nothing happened. Then I thought that there might be another way to link native DLLs to a Xmarin.Android project. I tried adding them into lib/armeabi and setting the build action to AndroidNativeLibrary, but it didn't work. In general, when I try to access anything from the wrapper assembly in runtime it breaks with DLLNotFoundException. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Thursday, August 23, 2018 2:47 PM

All replies

• User21936 posted

https://www.google.com/search?q=Xamarin+Android+calling+into+C%2B%2B+library&oq=Xamarin+Android+calling+into+C%2B%2B+library&aqs=chrome..69i57.9693j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Saturday, August 25, 2018 1:44 AM