Finishing Chapter 1 in WCF Step-by-Step book and getting errors RRS feed

• Question

• User686339638 posted

I'm finishing chapter one. I just finished configuring the IIS Manger. The app was running fine before this but it seems it can't read from the Entity Model. Not sure if i should post this in the IIS forum or this one.

The book gives these clues or notes:

"f the client application fails with an exception, there are two common causes to look for. First, verify that you have not inserted any extraneous characters in the address in the application configuration file and that you have removed the port number and colon from the address. " It looks as if I've done this part successfully.

"f the address is correct but the application still fails, the most likely cause is that the account used by the application pool hosting the service does not have appropriate access to the AdventureWorks database. The account must be a member of the db_owner role in the AdventureWorks database. For examples of how to add an account with this privilege to the database, see the aspnet.sql script in the Microsoft Press\ WCF Step By Step\ Setup folder."  Yeah but i went THROUGH A LOT OF TROUBLE TO MAKE SURE THIS SCRIPT RAN as the book specified.

How do i check this and what can i do to fix it assuming this is the problem?

Saturday, August 31, 2013 11:28 PM

Answers

All replies