none
Where can I download Visual Studio Express 2012 or 2010 for C#?

Question

• The official link is gone and now only has VS Express 2015 but I need 2012 or 2010.

I really don't like VS 2015 and  2013 and want to switch back to the old version.

Friday, February 24, 2017 4:02 PM

All replies

• MSDN has this page for 2012 (not tested)
    Friday, February 24, 2017 4:09 PM
  • MSDN has this page for 2012 (not tested)

To add, the English version is here

Friday, February 24, 2017 6:11 PM
  • Thanks!

...but sadly I noticed 2012 is now virtually the same as 2015. Somehow I remember 2012 to be mostly the same as 2010 however.

So, what I actually is apparently VS 2010 and no later version.

...unless this is not the original 2012 version but a version that was changed to look like 2015 (this is indeed confusing to me as I could swear 2012 was very similar to 2010 in look and ui features, especially icons).

What bothers me the most is in previous versions action for a winform and its codefile were handled separately, as they are different files.

But in VS 2015 they are handled as a single file and the is a HUGE problem for me and frequently causes me trouble.

Sunday, February 26, 2017 7:58 PM
  • I did that with Visual Studio 6. It was a ROYAL waste of time.
    Sunday, February 26, 2017 8:41 PM
  • Hi lshiirou,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

>>So, what I actually is apparently VS 2010 and no later version.

I'm sorry for that the official download site for VS 2010 express already closed, but if you have a MSDN subscription, you can go to MSDN Subscribers Download and search with 'Visual Studio 2010 Express', then you will get the result as below:

>>What bothers me the most is in previous versions action for a winform and its codefile were handled separately, as they are different files.

What's the code file do you means? I tried to VS ultimate 2010 and VS 2015 on my side, but I am not sure your double, could you please provide the detail description or screenshot about your issue?

BTW, if you want to develop C# language, you can also try to download other VS 2010 version like Ultimate/Premium/Professional from here.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 27, 2017 3:06 AM