Wizard weird behavior RRS feed

• Question

• User1536465747 posted

Hi guys,

I have a RadWizard with wizard steps made of user controls (.ascx).

<telerik:RadWizard runat="server" ID="RadWizard1" RenderMode="Lightweight" Skin="MetroTouch" DisplayNavigationButtons="false" RenderedSteps="Active" OnNavigationBarButtonClick="RadWizard1_NavigationBarButtonClick">
                <WizardSteps>
                    <telerik:RadWizardStep Title="<%$Resources:Resource,Tabtext_Control1 %>" ID="stepOne" runat="server" StepType="Start">                    
                        <uc1:Control1 runat="server" id="Control1" OnButtonClick="Control1_Click" />
                    </telerik:RadWizardStep>
                    <telerik:RadWizardStep Title="<%$Resources:Resource,Tabtext_Control2 %>" ID="stepTwo" runat="server" StepType="Step" CausesValidation="true" ValidationGroup="Control2">
                        <uc1:Control2 runat="server" id="Control2" OnButtonClick="Control2_Click"  />
                    <telerik:RadWizardStep Title="<%$Resources:Resource,Tabtext_Control3 %>" ID="stepThree" runat="server" StepType="Step" CausesValidation="true" ValidationGroup="Control3">
                        <uc1:Control3 runat="server" id="Control3" OnButtonClick="Control3_Click" />
                    <telerik:RadWizardStep Title="<%$Resources:Resource,Tabtext_Control4 %>" ID="stepFour" runat="server" StepType="Finish" ValidationGroup="Control4" CausesValidation="true">
                        <uc1:Control4 runat="server" id="Control4"  />
                </WizardSteps>
            </telerik:RadWizard>

Everything works fine except that whenever postback is caused it starts UPLOADING something but I don't know what. I can clearly see the following in the left corner:

(Uploading (10%)...  

When it comes to 100% it keeps working as expected.

However, there is no such code to upload something and thus I believe that this behavior is unexpected. 

Any ideas what could cause this?

Thank you

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 3:00 PM

All replies

• User409696431 posted

Have you tried posting on the Telerik forum?  You'd be more likely to reach someone who could test anything for you.  https://www.telerik.com/forums

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 8:23 PM
  • User61956409 posted

Hi KulerMaster,

whenever postback is caused it starts UPLOADING something but I don't know what. I can clearly see the following in the left corner

If possible, you can try to put the code snippet inside ASP.NET UpdatePanel control that allows partial rendering/updating of the area. Besides, as KathyW mentioned, you can post the question in Telerik Forums.

For RadWizard related issue, you can posted in "Telerik Forums / UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum /Wizard".

With Regards,

Fei Han

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 6:44 AM