none
InfoPath Form Data Connection

Question

• I am trying to go in to one of my InfoPath forms and Manage a Data Connection. When I click on the Data Connection and choose to Modify it, the expected screen opens up. The issue occurs when I try to go to the next step. I get an error on all forms in our environment as well as all forms in our dev environment. My boss is able to edit these connections without any issues. I am using Windows 7 and IE 11 along with SP 2013 and InfoPath 2013.

Thursday, December 01, 2016 8:11 PM

All replies

• Hi JoeVolk,

To troubleshoot the issue, you could check things below:

1. Check if you have permission in the library which stores the udcx file.

2. Compare the permission between the account of your boss and your account in the library which stores the udcx file.

3. Clear InfoPath cache.

Go to C:\users\username\Appdata\local\Microsoft\

Create a backup of the folder “InfoPath” then delete the contents of the original “InfoPath” folder.

Next, go to C:\users\username\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\

Create a backup of the “InfoPath” folder and then delete the contents of the original “InfoPath” folder.

For more detailed information, you could refer to the article below.

Clearing Infopath Cache.

http://sharepointviews.com/clearing-infopath-cache/

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, December 02, 2016 9:34 AM
  • My boss and I have the same permissions as overall admins. That gives us full control to everything in the farm. I cleared the cache and that has not worked either. Any other ideas?
    Friday, December 02, 2016 7:34 PM
  • Hi JoeVolk,

To troubleshoot the issue, you could check things below:

1. Re-add the data connection and re-convert to the udcx file in InfoPath form to check if the same issue will occur.

2. Restart the InfoPath.

3. Restart the SharePoint server.

4. Create a new form and add the data connection to check if the same issue will occur.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, December 05, 2016 2:00 AM
  • I have tried all of the above with no luck. I am going to try to uninstall InfoPath and do a fresh install. Hopefully that fixes it.
    Monday, December 05, 2016 7:02 PM
  • Hi JoeVolk,

You also could repair InfoPath. For more detailed information, you could refer to the article below.

Repair an Office application.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Repair-an-Office-application-7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b40c5bb88b

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Tuesday, December 06, 2016 12:45 AM