Xamarin.Froms XAML IntelliSense doesn't work very well. RRS feed

• Question

• User299811 posted

What a I have to do to get IntelliSense working right on Xamarin.Forms XAML files. Sometimes bad function of IntelliSense makes me lose time and patience.

Monday, March 13, 2017 7:48 PM

All replies

• User41045 posted

@marceloctorresn said: What a I have to do to get IntelliSense working right on Xamarin.Forms XAML files. Sometimes bad function of IntelliSense makes me lose time and patience.

@marceloctorresn Are you facing this in VS2015 or VS2017? Can you please describe your issue? Sometimes bad function of IntelliSense makes me lose time and patience. Is Intellisense not working or giving you wrong IntelliSense? Are you facing this with PCL or Shared Project?

Also, do you think it would be possible to provide a screen share so that we can look into the exact issue you are facing? You can use either SnagIt or Jing for the same.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 2:13 PM
  • User299811 posted

I'm using VS2015 on a Shared Project. Intellisense does not work most of the time, but sometimes works wrong: example if I'm writing a element it doesn't show me the attributes of that element or the optiones associeted whit a HorizontalOptions attribute. But if I try to write a element inside another element, just i write the ">" sign it changes the tag for a . Another if I try to write a element, just i write "." it changes for , if I try to write a Grid.Row attribute inside any view element it changes for ":prism" or any other prefix...

Thanks for the help

Thursday, March 23, 2017 4:16 AM
  • User299811 posted

Excuse me, last post are incomplete:

I'm using VS2015 on a Shared Project. Intellisense does not work most of the time, but sometimes works wrong: example if I'm writing a element it doesn't show me the attributes of that element or the optiones associeted whit a HorizontalOptions attribute. But if I try to write an "" element inside another "" element, just i write the ">" sign it changes the tag for a close element "". Another example: if I try to write a "" element, just i write "." it changes for "", if I try to write a Grid.Row attribute inside any view element it changes for ":prism" or any other prefix...

Thursday, March 23, 2017 4:20 AM
  • User299811 posted

@marceloctorresn said: Excuse me, last post are incomplete:

I'm using VS2015 on a Shared Project. Intellisense does not work most of the time, but sometimes works wrong: example if I'm writing a element it doesn't show me the attributes of that element or the optiones associeted whit a HorizontalOptions attribute. But if I try to write an "" element inside another "" element, just i write the ">" sign it changes the tag for a close element "". Another example: if I try to write a "" element, just i write "." it changes for "", if I try to write a Grid.Row attribute inside any view element it changes for ":prism" or any other prefix...

Thursday, March 23, 2017 4:20 AM