latest books aviable on asp.net for vs 2015 RRS feed

• Question

• User2102072086 posted

hi,

I have "Professional ASP.NET 4.5 in C# and VB" this book handels vs 2012 all exampls are form vs 2012.

i wanted to read asp.net for visual studio 2015.

is there any profession asp.net avialabe for vs 2015 then please tel me , else what ever is latest asp.net book available would be help full.

yours sincerley

Thursday, May 14, 2015 12:27 PM

Answers

• User37182867 posted

As VS2015 is not officially released I would seriously doubt that at this time there are any books being written using it. In general the people writing books choose to use a current but fully released IDE to show their examples from.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, May 14, 2015 2:20 PM
  • User281315223 posted

As deadtroll mentions since Visual Studio 2015 hasn't been officially release yet, nor has an official release date been announced, it's unlikely there are going to be any books available for them until prior to release. They are probably actually being written as we speak, but if you have ever been around that environment, writing books can take quite a lot of time.

It looks like Wrox offers the following Visual Studio 2013 publication if you are still in need of a book from them :

Saturday, May 16, 2015 9:31 AM
  • User281315223 posted

The same basic situation is going to hold true with regards to the latest version of .NET 5 as it did for Visual Studio, as neither have been officially release yet. However, you should still have no trouble finding a relevant book to learn ASP.NET from Wrox's offerings :

You can also check out all of the ASP.NET books on their site by clicking here.  If you have a strong interest in learning ASP.NET however, you are basically already on the best resource on the web. The Get Started and Learn areas of this site are far and away the best resources you can find for building a strong understanding of developing .NET applications and I would recommend them over any book out there.

Additionally, if you are looking for some additional resources, I'd recommend checking out this older blog post of mine on the best ways to learn ASP.NET.

Sunday, May 17, 2015 7:59 AM

All replies

• User37182867 posted

As VS2015 is not officially released I would seriously doubt that at this time there are any books being written using it. In general the people writing books choose to use a current but fully released IDE to show their examples from.

Thursday, May 14, 2015 2:20 PM
  • User2102072086 posted

then i think the last one was vs 2013 , is there any wrox publication on this version.?

yours sincerly

Saturday, May 16, 2015 7:09 AM
  • User281315223 posted

As deadtroll mentions since Visual Studio 2015 hasn't been officially release yet, nor has an official release date been announced, it's unlikely there are going to be any books available for them until prior to release. They are probably actually being written as we speak, but if you have ever been around that environment, writing books can take quite a lot of time.

It looks like Wrox offers the following Visual Studio 2013 publication if you are still in need of a book from them :

Saturday, May 16, 2015 9:31 AM
  • User2102072086 posted

this is visual studio book , i was searching for asp.net book , generally i have been reading worx profession aspnet seriess.

if it is available for 2013 please tel me?

or any other place which is as good as worx profession aspnet.

yours sincerly 

Sunday, May 17, 2015 4:56 AM
  • User281315223 posted

The same basic situation is going to hold true with regards to the latest version of .NET 5 as it did for Visual Studio, as neither have been officially release yet. However, you should still have no trouble finding a relevant book to learn ASP.NET from Wrox's offerings :

You can also check out all of the ASP.NET books on their site by clicking here.  If you have a strong interest in learning ASP.NET however, you are basically already on the best resource on the web. The Get Started and Learn areas of this site are far and away the best resources you can find for building a strong understanding of developing .NET applications and I would recommend them over any book out there.

Additionally, if you are looking for some additional resources, I'd recommend checking out this older blog post of mine on the best ways to learn ASP.NET.

Sunday, May 17, 2015 7:59 AM