none
Form Not Retreving data from record source RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

i have created a form in access 2016 and set the record source to a query which is a combination of two tables. i have bounded the text fields and combo box with the record source fields. i am able to save the record using the record set type as Dynaset (Inconsistent Updates). but when i try to retrieve the data using a search form, i get only few fields displayed. not able to view all the fields from the query for the record. Need help in fixing this issue.

Thanks

Lokesh S

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 2:09 PM

All replies

• Your query probably has fields from a table on the one-side and from a table on the many-side of a one-to-many relation. In most cases that limits your data entry options. Rather you should use a parent form bound to the one table, and a subform bound to the many table.

-Tom. Microsoft Access MVP

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 2:12 PM
  • Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply. The fields which are missing is from the main table it self. And it was working fine before, but its is not working now. i haven't changed any relationship on the tables. the relationship of the tables are one to one relation and not one to many.

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 2:34 PM
  • Hi Tom,

i think i have found the issue and i have fixed it. i had to change the forms recordset type to Dynaset instead of Dynaset (Inconsistent Update). this solves the issue.

Thanks

Tuesday, December 4, 2018 7:53 PM