none
Question related to Blog Post The Phases of the ClickOnce Trust Prompt (Mary Lee) RRS feed

Answers

• Hi,

I can't find out where you have imported the certificate into Trusted Root in your illustration. Would you like to tell us how you import the certificate? Please see my illustration:

I have tested the three scenarios using Import & Remove feature in the dialog I showed above and it works fine.

As you second question, I think you will get better response if you post in Windows SDK forum

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Best Regards, Calvin Gao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 8:31 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

I have read the blog. The dialog box has three scenarios:

1. Not added to the Root or the TrustedPublisher stores: Unknown Publisher and there is a yellow shield

2. In the Root store, but not the Trusted Publisher list: green shield.

3. In the Root list and the Trusted Publisher list: installed successfully

It’s true that if you add the certificateto into trusted, you will just install you program successfully without and shield.

However, I suspect that you add the certificateto into trusted but still get yellow shield? Can you confirm it?

I look forward to hearing of you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, May 27, 2011 6:27 AM
  • Well if I import the cert into my "trusted publishers" cert store it doesn't give me a shield at all -> so this works.

But I imported the cert as mentioned in the blog post into the root store and I only get a yellow shield.

See: This screenshot

And I also have a new question - don't know if I should open a new question for it.

What's the properst way to get my code signing cert (chain) to my customer? because my customer doesn't have an internet connection and so he can't verify that my certificate which was used to sign my VSTO is a good one!

Friday, May 27, 2011 12:04 PM
  • Hi,

I can't find out where you have imported the certificate into Trusted Root in your illustration. Would you like to tell us how you import the certificate? Please see my illustration:

I have tested the three scenarios using Import & Remove feature in the dialog I showed above and it works fine.

As you second question, I think you will get better response if you post in Windows SDK forum

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 8:31 AM