none
2 receive shape in an orchestration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have the below scenario , need help .

I am receiving a msg from one source and based on the msg data lets say if value of trigger in msg is True then I need to pick theanother message from different source and need to pass that msg to another orchestration by using the Call orchestration shape.

The problem is that I cannot put active true for 2 receive shape in the same orchestration .

For e.g. If a put the receive shape active true for receiving the first msg and based on the first msg i m deciding to pick the another msg or not .SO, for picking the another msg i put the another receive shape but i cant put active true for that .Also, both msgs are different and coming from different source so i cant correlate both the receive shape.

Cant be use the receive shape in the called orchestration (child orchestration ) to pick the 2nd msg?

or is there any other way to acheive this ?

Thanks

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 6:24 AM

Answers

• If you can't correlate both of these files and need to pick the second file only based on the content of the first file then one way to design this solution is:

Use the receive shape to receive the first file through FILE adapter.

Write a .net component accepting the path to the file as parameter and returning an XLangMessage

In your orchestration if you want to pick the 2nd file then call the .Net component to retrieve the 2nd file.

Don't forget to mark the post as answer or vote as helpful if it does, Regards -Rohit Sharma (http://rohitbiztalk.blogspot.com)
    • Marked as answer by Manish kumar Thursday, September 29, 2011 4:49 AM
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 6:46 AM

All replies

• If you can't correlate both of these files and need to pick the second file only based on the content of the first file then one way to design this solution is:

Use the receive shape to receive the first file through FILE adapter.

Write a .net component accepting the path to the file as parameter and returning an XLangMessage

In your orchestration if you want to pick the 2nd file then call the .Net component to retrieve the 2nd file.

Don't forget to mark the post as answer or vote as helpful if it does, Regards -Rohit Sharma (http://rohitbiztalk.blogspot.com)
    • Marked as answer by Manish kumar Thursday, September 29, 2011 4:49 AM
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 6:46 AM
  • Hi Maggi,

On of conditions to use convoys is:

"You cannot use a single Receive shape to initialize two or more correlation sets that will be used in separate convoys. For example, suppose that receive r1 initializes correlation sets c1 and c2 for the first convoy, receive r2 follows c1 for the second convoy, and receive r3 follows c2 for the third convoy. The intended convoy sets for the second convoy are c1, r2 and the intended convoy sets for the third convoy are c2, r3, which are all initialized by r1. In this case, the orchestration engine will not treat these as convoys. The example is a valid convoy scenario if both r2 and r3 follow both c1 and c2 (c1, r2, r3 and c2, r2, r3), both follow c1 only (c1, r2, r3), or both follow c2 only (c2, r2, r3)."

MSDN Working with Convoy Scenarios. As example/guidance you can see this post by Adbul.

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers
    MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server 2010
    http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 10:03 AM
  • Hi ,

Go for biztalk parallel convoy  REFER this  link .

Regards

Navin

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 9:37 AM