Too Many Connections from This ISP (8) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have used FrontPage for years and years w no problems. Now - Expression Web. Ugh. Trying to Insert a Hyperlink, I get "Too Many Connections from This ISP (8)". That's funny - I'm the only one in the office today signed on to the website.

What exactly does this message mean? I have simultaneous connections set at 10, passive FTP mode.

Thanks

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 10:59 PM

Answers

• Is that the real message?  Or is it "Too Many Connections from this IP (8)"?

Too many connections means what it says: hosts often limit the number of simultaneous connections from one computer.  It could be your setting the simultaneous connections to 10 being too many, and/or it could be open connections left hanging and not closed. Reboot (makes sure all connections are closed), change the simultaneous connections to 1 and see what happens.

• Edited by KathyW2 Thursday, January 5, 2012 12:36 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jesse5280 Thursday, January 5, 2012 11:42 PM
    Thursday, January 5, 2012 12:34 AM

All replies

• Are you working live on the server? I doubt you'll get much help if so since it is considered bad practice to do so. Though it sounds like an IIS or apache issue or possibly an ISP issue but it isn't an error message I've ever heard of with Expression Web in the almost 5 years I've been using it (from EW 1 CTP to the present EW 4 SP 2.)
    Free Expression Web Tutorials
    For an Expression Web forum with without the posting issues try expressionwebforum.com
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 11:12 PM
  • Hmm, I've only been on EW since EW2, but I've never seen that either. Then again, I never edit live, so if that's part of the equation, that probably explains it...

Good luck finding the solution.

cheers,
    scott 

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.
    Thursday, January 5, 2012 12:28 AM
  • Is that the real message?  Or is it "Too Many Connections from this IP (8)"?

Too many connections means what it says: hosts often limit the number of simultaneous connections from one computer.  It could be your setting the simultaneous connections to 10 being too many, and/or it could be open connections left hanging and not closed. Reboot (makes sure all connections are closed), change the simultaneous connections to 1 and see what happens.

• Edited by KathyW2 Thursday, January 5, 2012 12:36 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jesse5280 Thursday, January 5, 2012 11:42 PM
    Thursday, January 5, 2012 12:34 AM
  • Thanks, KathyW2.

I followed your directions and so far have not gotten the error message since.

Fingers crossed!

Thursday, January 5, 2012 11:42 PM