Network Performance Monitoring in Azure Batch RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Wanted to know how may I carry Network Performance Monitoring in Azure Batch (VMs in Azure Batch Pool). Is there a way this can be done?

Regards,

Saurabh

Tuesday, January 2, 2018 2:50 PM

All replies

• you can do that using logs analytics

Also you need to refer below link

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/log-analytics/log-analytics-network-performance-monitor

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question, please click "Mark As Answer" Mai Ali | My blog:Technical | Twitter: Mai Ali

Tuesday, January 2, 2018 5:42 PM
  • Hi Mai,

Log Analytics work only on IaaS based VMs. I did not see any option to configure log analytics for VMs in Azure Batch Pool.

Am I missing anything here?

Regards,

Saurabh

Wednesday, January 3, 2018 5:37 AM
  • Hi Saurabh, 

I know this post is a bit old but I have been doing some digging and I am not finding much in regards to networking monitoring of any sort for Batch. 

Can you tell me a bit more about what you are looking to accomplish and why? I can try to offer some alternatives. 

Saturday, February 24, 2018 3:44 AM
  • Batch pools can be constructed as IAAS pools (VirtualMachineConfiguration) or PAAS pools (CloudServiceConfiguration).  Accounts using pool allocation mode of "Batch Service" get pools deployed in the on-behalf-of subscriptions owned by Batch.  Accounts using pool allocation mode of "User Subscription" get pools deployed in the subscriptions of the account holder (not Batch on-behalf-of).

Perhaps "User Subscription" based accounts/pools might fit your needs?

I am not sure what "carry Network Performance Monitoring" means so I cannot address that technology directly.

d

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 6:35 AM