Is it possible to password protect access to FBWF Manager to prevent end users to change it RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to add some protection to prevent end users to change/disable File Based Write Filter? I want to avoid a scenario where end user starts to change any thing on the PC. While at the same time I want to be able to configure FBWF if required.

Thanks,

Friday, July 1, 2011 6:53 PM

Answers

• FBWFMGR.exe requires elevated privileges to run. If you make an ordinary user a Power User or regular user then the only way the can run the applications is if they have the user/password for an administrator account.

You could also set permissions on the file itself so only a few users have access.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    • Marked as answer by ulahoti Friday, October 21, 2011 6:31 PM
    Saturday, July 2, 2011 10:23 PM

All replies

• If you create a service that runs as Administrator and your user runs as "user", you can control in many way (also with a password).

Let me know....

Beppe

Beppe Platania Windows Embedded MVP http://blog.bepseng.it
    Saturday, July 2, 2011 9:58 PM
  • FBWFMGR.exe requires elevated privileges to run. If you make an ordinary user a Power User or regular user then the only way the can run the applications is if they have the user/password for an administrator account.

You could also set permissions on the file itself so only a few users have access.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    • Marked as answer by ulahoti Friday, October 21, 2011 6:31 PM
    Saturday, July 2, 2011 10:23 PM