SSRS 2012 ERROR [IM014] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application RRS feed

• Question

• I have a SSRS installation, I have deployed my connections to, but they fail with title message.  The drivers and ODBC on the box are setup and work fine with 32 bit ODBC conn manager. 
    When I run or configure my connections on the site, via the browser, I get errors connecting.
    I tried to find which app pool http://server/ReportServer application used, but I am not finding that, so my first ?
    How do I find in IIS what app pool SSRS application is using?
    I have 2008 server, running SQL 2012 V.S. 2010 and I think I need to enable my app pool to use 32 bit, but cannot figure out which one it uses?  I see default set to 32 bit = true, which I thought would be it.
    Can I set my SSRS project to use x86, platform? Like I did with SSIS? 
    If so, how?  SSRS and SQL 2012 somewhat new for me. Thanks

Developer MS Reporting Services

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 2:14 PM

Answers

• Hi DCady,

To manage a data source that connects to a 32-bit driver under 64-bit platform, we use C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe. To manage a data source that connects to a 64-bit driver, we use C:\Windows\System32\odbcad32.exe.

Generally, if we use the 64-bit odbcad32.exe (C:\Windows\System32\odbcad32.exe) to configure or remove a DSN that connects to a 32-bit driver, for example, Driver do Microsoft Access (*.mdb), we will receive the following error message:

The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application

To resolve this error, we need to use the 32-bit odbcad32.exe (C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbacad32.exe) to configure or remove the DSN.

Besides, please make sure there are no DSN using the same name in both 64-bit and 32-bit ODBC Data Source Administrator.

Reference:
    Managing Data Sources

Regards,
    Mike Yin

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

Mike Yin
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Shahfaisal Muhammed Thursday, December 20, 2012 9:25 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mike Yin Monday, December 24, 2012 4:55 PM
    Thursday, December 20, 2012 1:20 PM

All replies

• Check the answer in this thread: The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application

You have to note that SSRS is independent from IIS.

• Edited by irusul Tuesday, December 18, 2012 3:36 PM
    Tuesday, December 18, 2012 3:34 PM
  • I have a SQL 2012 running in what I think is 64 bit on 2008 O/S.  I have a data source that MUST be and uses, 32 bit ODBC successfully setup on the box.  I have a report on my machine, hitting the data on my 32 bit ODBC connection.  When I push the SSRS connection out to my server, I setup the connection to use the ODBC connection and I get error below.  Now, I need to know if I can configure SSRS to use 32 bit ODBC or must I install 32 bit SSRS.
    I see some say 2012 will use either, old versions you had to use either, but nobody has been very specific as to how to configure or use 32 bit.  Also, on my SQL 2012, I cannot seem to create a Linked Server via this 32 bit ODBC connection that works, so any suggestion would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

ERROR [IM014] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application

• Merged by Mike Yin Sunday, December 23, 2012 2:20 PM duplicate
    Wednesday, December 19, 2012 5:44 PM
  • Hi DCady,

To manage a data source that connects to a 32-bit driver under 64-bit platform, we use C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe. To manage a data source that connects to a 64-bit driver, we use C:\Windows\System32\odbcad32.exe.

Generally, if we use the 64-bit odbcad32.exe (C:\Windows\System32\odbcad32.exe) to configure or remove a DSN that connects to a 32-bit driver, for example, Driver do Microsoft Access (*.mdb), we will receive the following error message:

The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application

To resolve this error, we need to use the 32-bit odbcad32.exe (C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbacad32.exe) to configure or remove the DSN.

Besides, please make sure there are no DSN using the same name in both 64-bit and 32-bit ODBC Data Source Administrator.

Reference:
    Managing Data Sources

Regards,
    Mike Yin

Mike Yin

• Proposed as answer by Shahfaisal Muhammed Thursday, December 20, 2012 9:25 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mike Yin Monday, December 24, 2012 4:55 PM
    Thursday, December 20, 2012 1:20 PM
  • Hi DCady,

There is some issue with the forum server and we cannot merge threads these days. I have replied to you in the your previous thread with the same topic:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlreportingservices/thread/a4ddb239-64d8-4074-978c-45c30381c107

Regards,
    Mike Yin

Mike Yin

Thursday, December 20, 2012 1:30 PM
  • Mike,

Yes, I had issue so posted here too.  My problem is that I think that I am running MSRS 64 bit and my ODBC is properly setup as 32 bit so I need to know, is there a way, like with SSIS to "ALLOW" 32 bit processing of SSRS connections, or do we need to reinstall MSRS as 32 bit not 64 bit?

I cannot find anything, but with new SSIS, I can dictate 32 bit processing so was hoping can do same with SSRS!

Thanks
    Dave

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 3:20 PM
  • Hi Mike,

Thanks for helpful post..

we are using 32bit platforms server but our client using 64bit platform operating system can you help to solve this issue. we getting the same error above you mentioned.

Error: IM014 :[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and

ApplicationMicrosoftRDO.RdoConnection

Sunday, August 24, 2014 9:25 AM