Creating ACS cluster with windows nodes RRS feed

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for posting here!

Azure Container Service provides rapid deployment of popular open-source container clustering and orchestration solutions. By using Azure Container Service, you can deploy DC/OS and Docker Swarm clusters with Azure Resource Manager templates or the Azure portal. You deploy these clusters by using Azure Virtual Machine Scale Sets--and the clusters take advantage of Azure networking and storage offerings.

To access Azure Container Service, you need an Azure subscription. If you don't have one, then you can sign up for a free trial.

This document walks you through deploying an Azure Container Service cluster by using the Azure portal, the Azure command-line interface (CLI), and the Azure PowerShell module.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Pradeep

If a post answers your question, please click Mark as Answer on that post and Vote as Helpful.

Thursday, June 30, 2016 7:43 AM
  • Hi, Thst is all fine. But the question was how to create a cluster with Windows nodes. I have not seen any documentation nor ARM template with widows hosts in a ACS cluster. But I've read the announcements that ACS now supports both windows and Linux. And I know there has been a private preview. Best regards, Morten Sorby
    Thursday, June 30, 2016 10:44 AM
  • Hello,

Preview of Azure Container Service adding support for Windows Server containers, using Docker Swarm to provide native clustering capabilities to turn Docker hosts into a single, virtual host. Azure Container Service is built on a choice of open source orchestrator technologies including Docker Swarm, to simplify configuration and deployment via few-click templates. With this, Azure Container Service now supports Linux and Windows Server, which will make the service available to developers regardless of their target operating system.

For more information, kindly refer the link given below:

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/microsoft-brings-container-innovation-to-the-enterprise-at-dockercon-2016/

Regards,

Pradeep

If a post answers your question, please click Mark as Answer on that post and Vote as Helpful.

Thursday, June 30, 2016 11:16 AM