Events only fire once in Web Control Library RRS feed

• Question

• User618499779 posted

Hello,

I'm trying to put all my User Controls from a Web Site Project into a Custom Control Library.

One of these User Controls has a obout Flyout containing a obout Editor. Once you click on a button "change" the flyout pops up and you'll be able to use the Editor to change a Label's text on the web page.  After submitting the changes the Label's text is changed.

The problem is that once, the submit event (or another event from the editor) was fired, the page is partly postbacked, and the next time the flyout pops up, the editor seems to be in a disabled state, because it losts all its events.

UPDATE Cool

The problem only occurs, if and only if the Flyout is on a UpdatePanel. If I use a normal Panel instead of the UpdatePanel, everthing is ok.

Can anyone help me?

Thursday, October 1, 2009 12:48 PM

Answers

• User618499779 posted

Hi Allen!

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY.

I hope, one of my collegues will upload the code. I quit the company on friday, and I don't have the license from these obout controls at home or at the new company.

At least, I exchanged the obout Editor control with the (also by obout Inc created) new one from Microsoft's Ajax Toolkit (named HTMLEditor). With that, all worked fine.

We had have several problems with the obout controls during the last year. I guess, reason for that was our configuration of the website. Using obout controls on different pages had always been different: sometimes they work, sometimes not. Due to my Flyout-Editor control it was the same. I also played with the UpdateControl that was placed on the masterpage of our pages. I assume that we had problems with the javascript but I couldn't figure out why.

I like obout's controls, but I cannot understand why using obout controls always means dealing with javascript and configurations, also if someone only want to use the control as it is, without any customization. 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, October 6, 2009 3:27 AM

All replies

• User-2106054853 posted

Hi,

Could you share a demo that can reproduce this issue? You can upload the project to http://skydrive.live.com/ and paste the download link here.

Monday, October 5, 2009 10:10 PM
  • User618499779 posted

Hi Allen!

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY.

I hope, one of my collegues will upload the code. I quit the company on friday, and I don't have the license from these obout controls at home or at the new company.

At least, I exchanged the obout Editor control with the (also by obout Inc created) new one from Microsoft's Ajax Toolkit (named HTMLEditor). With that, all worked fine.

We had have several problems with the obout controls during the last year. I guess, reason for that was our configuration of the website. Using obout controls on different pages had always been different: sometimes they work, sometimes not. Due to my Flyout-Editor control it was the same. I also played with the UpdateControl that was placed on the masterpage of our pages. I assume that we had problems with the javascript but I couldn't figure out why.

I like obout's controls, but I cannot understand why using obout controls always means dealing with javascript and configurations, also if someone only want to use the control as it is, without any customization. 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, October 6, 2009 3:27 AM