none
I need to create a word 2010 (.docx) document without any meta data RRS feed

• Question

• In Visual Basic I need to create a word 2010 (.docx) document without any metadata.

Does anyone know where there is any sample code to do so? Found this code on the MS site can this work?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316383

thanks for all your help in this forum you guys are great!

james p mcfadden

Monday, November 25, 2013 10:07 AM

Answers

• You may want to consider using the strongly typed Open XML SDK that is provided by Microsoft to allow creation and editing of *.docx Word documents.

There is an entire site devoted to Open XML, with a good introduction to get you started.

Good luck!

- HomeGrownCoder My posts are kept as simple as possible for easier understanding. In many cases you can probably optimize or spruce up what I present. Have fun coding!

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 6:41 AM

All replies

• Hi James,

I am moving your thread into the Visual Basic Forum for dedicated support. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 5:36 AM
  • You may want to consider using the strongly typed Open XML SDK that is provided by Microsoft to allow creation and editing of *.docx Word documents.

There is an entire site devoted to Open XML, with a good introduction to get you started.

Good luck!

- HomeGrownCoder My posts are kept as simple as possible for easier understanding. In many cases you can probably optimize or spruce up what I present. Have fun coding!

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 6:41 AM
  • Thank you so much

This looks like a good place to start

Jim

james p mcfadden

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 9:18 AM