none
VB.net connection to Access .mdb getting error Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0 and ACE.OLEDB.12.0 RRS feed

• General discussion

• This was running fine for 10 years until 2/18/2018. 64bit Windows 10, VB.Net 2010 pro, trying to connect a Access .mdb database. This application reads a flat file and updates counts on the database. I tried to use both OLDB and ACE providers and get a provider not registered error.  Tried to change VB.net console application platform to X86 but that's not a option. Tried changing the .exe compatibility mode to XP with no success. There are literally thousands of posts on this issue, while I haven't tried them all, none have worked so far. Was thinking of changing the database to a ACCDB from MDB but not sure that will work because the Office/Access version is still 32bit. Obliviously this is a major issue why else would there be so many posts. I am here to appeal to the experts for a solution that does not include rewriting the application.  

Friday, February 23, 2018 3:31 PM

All replies

• Obliviously this is a major issue why else would there be so many posts. I am here to appeal to the experts for a solution that does not include rewriting the application.  

Maybe the horse has been whipped, and it's dead now.  

Saturday, February 24, 2018 9:20 AM
  • Have you tried removing the 64 bit driver and installing the 32 bit driver? The link below has both 32 and 64 bit downloads.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54920

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Saturday, February 24, 2018 10:03 AM