Regarding video display of multiple input streams using Media Foundation. RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I am completely newbie to Media Foundation. While exploring about Media Foundation APIs, I studied about Media Sources and about Presentation descriptor. From what I understood I raised with a new idea related to display of multiple video streams.

My idea goes like this,

If through network I am receiving 16 input video streams from different users and I am displaying to an end user in 16 different aligned windows. If the end user wants to deactivate some of input video streams (say 4) temporarily by allowing the playback of remaining video streams and to re enable some or whole deactivated video streams as when he is required back to view. 

Please suggest me whether it will be possible with Media Foundation or any other ways to do it.

Awaiting for your reply.... Thanks in advance....

Thursday, May 19, 2011 8:59 AM

All replies

• There are multiple ways you could do this in Media Foundation.  You could set a new topology with just the enabled streams whenever the streams are activated or deactivated.  You could also run all of the streams all of the time but implement a custom presenter that could turn the display on or off.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 7:02 PM