none
WCF-Oracledb Pollingstatement-> exec procedure;select query RRS feed

• Question

• Edit: 

Hi experts,

I was trying to create wcf-oracledb receive location in BTS with select query which is preceded by execution of stored procedure, I was getting an error:

"Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.MetadataException: The adapter encountered a wrong polling query statement:"

the statementst are like this

exec dbms_application_info.set_client_info('102');SELECT * from TableName;

I would like to stress upon the fact that order of execution is package followed by select statement as that can be seen above.

PS: I have seen example where select query comes before package execution, but this one seems like it doesn't work.

I would appreciate if I can get a work around or some way to execute package just before firing the select query.

Thank you

Hitendra

Hi, Steef-Jan
    • Edited by btsdev123 Tuesday, November 30, 2010 10:11 AM
    Tuesday, November 30, 2010 6:36 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You can configure the Oracle Database adapter to receive polling-based messages from Oracle database. The adapter provides two ways of polling the Oracle database:

• Using SELECT statements. You can specify a simple SELECT statement to poll the tables and views in the Oracle database. The adapter executes the SELECT statement at specified intervals and returns the result to the adapter clients.
    • Using stored procedures, functions, or procedures or functions within a package. You can specify a stored procedure, function, or procedure or function within a package to poll the Oracle database. The adapter executes the request message at specified intervals and returns the result to the adapter clients.

For reference see Polling Oracle Database by Using BizTalk Server and related link for SELECT. For sample see BizTalk Adapter Pack samples (section Oracle Database Adapter).

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers
    MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server
    http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Tuesday, November 30, 2010 8:53 AM