none
Renew Developer License RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

My developer license will expire soon. Will the Windows 8 applications we have developed in Visual Studio and installed on Windows 8.1 tablets still work if the license is not renewed?

Kind regards, Morten.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 1:35 PM

Answers

• Hi Morten,

Thanks for your explanation.

Actually the blog is for developer sideloading but not for enterprise sideloading as you can see the last line of the blog, your app will not able to work after one month with developer license, you have to renew it by reinstall the new app package.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Morten Prom S5 Tuesday, January 27, 2015 9:50 AM
    Friday, January 23, 2015 1:59 AM

All replies

• Hi Morten,

May I know how you deploy the app on your tablet?

If you publish your app to the store and installed on your tablet, you don't need worry about this.

If you directly deploy your app to the tablet by using Visual Studio, you definitely need renew the developer license, otherwise your app cannot open.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 8:38 AM
  • Hi James.

1) I created an App Package from Visual Studio.

2) Moved the files to a USB stick

3) I sideloaded the app on the Tablet from the USB stick by running the install script (.ps1 file in the App Package) with PowerShell.

The procedure I followed is described here: blogs.msdn.com/b/patricka/archive/2012/11/06/10365947.aspx 

- Morten

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 11:04 PM
  • Hi Morten,

Thanks for your explanation.

Actually the blog is for developer sideloading but not for enterprise sideloading as you can see the last line of the blog, your app will not able to work after one month with developer license, you have to renew it by reinstall the new app package.

--James

• Marked as answer by Morten Prom S5 Tuesday, January 27, 2015 9:50 AM
    Friday, January 23, 2015 1:59 AM
  • Thanks James.

We will change method in production.

- Morten

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 9:52 AM