Get a Control from HubSection

Question

• I need to get a few controls from within a HubSection. Actually it's an image control and I have to apply transformations and Rects on the Image. I have searched the whole internet but in vain. ViewModel bindings don't work here. Can someone help me in

Referencing any control from within a HubSection or Add controls dynamically to hubsection or please just tell me how I can use panorama control in Universal app. Hub control seems useless to me.

Friday, October 03, 2014 5:34 PM

Answers

• If that is the case then in the loaded event save it to a variable.  Then when the Async operation completes check to see if the variable is valid and manipulate it.

Bret Bentzinger (MSFT) @awehellyeah

• Marked as answer by Sayyaz Ahmad Sunday, October 12, 2014 8:31 PM
    Friday, October 10, 2014 10:36 PM

All replies

• Register for the Image controls Loaded event and the object sender parameter will be the image control.  Then you can manipulate it however you would like.

Friday, October 03, 2014 10:53 PM
  • Didn't work for me. Actually I am processing an image Asynchronously and on the basis of this processing, have to apply the transformations on Image. As the processing is Async Image control's Loaded event is being fired up before the processing is completed.
    Friday, October 10, 2014 5:45 PM
  • If that is the case then in the loaded event save it to a variable.  Then when the Async operation completes check to see if the variable is valid and manipulate it.

• Marked as answer by Sayyaz Ahmad Sunday, October 12, 2014 8:31 PM
    Friday, October 10, 2014 10:36 PM
  • Thanks Bret, it worked!, now in another situation. I need Clipboard in Windows Phone 8.1. Just found that we don't have an option of Clipboard. I am creating a universal app. For Windows Phone 8.1, Hub App template is being used. Any idea how can I use Clipboard other than switching to Silverlight project.
    Sunday, October 12, 2014 8:37 PM
  • Can you start a new post?   Will be easier to track that.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 3:33 PM