none
Report Viewer not paging correctly with MVC RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I've been searching for a solution to this problem for quite a while now, so I decided to break down and ask. 

I'm creating a report in an MVC application using the razor view.  I have gotten the report to display correctly, but the problem is that whenever I navigate within the report (click next page, enter a page number, search using the find field), the report displays the "loading" message, but returns to the first page, nothing searched.  After debugging I have found that before processing the request (page navigation), the report goes through the function in my controller.  This is the function that finds the data entries from my server and compiles the data source for the report.  Therefore, whenever it executes the function, the page essentially refreshes the report, and the page is not changed/word is not searched for, etc.  

Really what I'm looking for is a way to communicate to the controller that a new page is needed and that the data list not be repopulated, or a way to tell the controller that the PageNavigation/Find event has occurred.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Monday, June 25, 2012 3:36 PM