Redistribution of the trial Team Foundation Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone-

My company is looking to redistribute two Microsoft products along with our software: the trial version of Team Foundation Server and SQL Express. After looking into it, we are able to redistribute SQL Express but I can't get an answer on the trial version of TFS.

I've spoken with the ISV folks and they've said that the trial version isn't governed by them or their agreements with us. I've also got the trial version EULA for TFS here and there is no mention of redistribution rights or prohibitions.

Can we redistribute the trial version of TFS with our products?

Thank you.

Thursday, July 12, 2012 9:07 PM

Answers

• Hi Indu6721,

Thanks for your post!

No, you cannot redistribute the trial version of TFS with your porducts. Only the owner can distribute it. The owener is refer to software publisher. 

A few runtime products can be redistribute, like VC++ redistribute, but TFS is not same case.

Best Regards,

Cathy Kong [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Marked as answer by Indu6721 Monday, July 16, 2012 2:40 PM
    Monday, July 16, 2012 8:25 AM

All replies

• Hi Indu6721,

Thanks for your post!

No, you cannot redistribute the trial version of TFS with your porducts. Only the owner can distribute it. The owener is refer to software publisher. 

A few runtime products can be redistribute, like VC++ redistribute, but TFS is not same case.

Best Regards,

Cathy Kong [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Marked as answer by Indu6721 Monday, July 16, 2012 2:40 PM
    Monday, July 16, 2012 8:25 AM
  • Thank you Cathy!
    Monday, July 16, 2012 2:40 PM