none
Office App cached and does not get refreshed RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am developing my app with Visual Studio and the Office Developer Tools. It is a task pane for Excel.

Now I have a problem with the cache. My office app is cached somewhere (most likely IIS Express). Could not find where and because of this I was not able to clear the cache. I am developing the app with SAPUI5 and XML views. Therefore I do not change the html files for ui changes. Could this cause the caching problem?

Where are the office apps cached in a local development environment and how can I clear this cache?

Is it possible to prevent the caching of the app?

Office 365 ProPlus - en-us 15.0.4763.1003

Visual Studio Professional 2015 14.0.23107.0 D14REL

.NET Framework 4.6.00079

Office Developer Tools for Visual Studio 2015 ENU 14.0.23116

Best Regards,

Rene

• Edited by Rene Sch Monday, November 16, 2015 11:29 AM
    Monday, November 16, 2015 11:29 AM

Answers

• Hi Rene,

Based on the title and description, it seems that the app may not refresh. If I understood correctly, we can visit the page via browser through the URL get from task pane app.

If the problem still exits, the issue seems relative to IIS Express. You can refer to link below about cache issue in IIS Express:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/scicoria/archive/2013/03/08/cleaning-up-iis-express-sites.aspx

And you can ask a new question from forum below if you have questions about IIS Express:
    IIS General

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 2:53 AM