How to see the ongoing downloads in IE10 metro app preview..???

Question

• I've tried a lot but can't find any key to see the ongoing downloads in the IE (Metro app edition, not in the IE9 of desktop view).

and what about if we want to see the transfer rate of the ongoing downloads...

please suggest me if anybody have answer...

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 5:32 PM

Answers

• Hello Keval Langalia,

just to recheck, I downloaded a 20 mb file using IE10 in metro mode, I could see the percentage of file downloaded, time remaining, and Run option at the end of the download at the bottom of IE. Even while I clicked the download button, I was given the option to Run or Save the file.                We all know the default folder for all downloads done through IE in any mode is the User's Downloads folder, unless you want to configure it elsewhere.

Irfan

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 6:18 AM

All replies

• I bet you can't. The downloads from Metro IE are neither visible in the desktop's View Downloads list.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 5:55 PM
  • It would be nice to see an answer to this!  As with much of W8 Dev Preview, discoverability is a huge issue!

In desktop you can access it from the menu or Ctrl J, but in Metro version of IE, there is no way to montor Downloads from IE, or even determine where they are saved (but I found they are saved in the download folder for the current user).

Monday, February 13, 2012 10:32 PM
  • Hello Keval Langalia,

just to recheck, I downloaded a 20 mb file using IE10 in metro mode, I could see the percentage of file downloaded, time remaining, and Run option at the end of the download at the bottom of IE. Even while I clicked the download button, I was given the option to Run or Save the file.                We all know the default folder for all downloads done through IE in any mode is the User's Downloads folder, unless you want to configure it elsewhere.

Irfan

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 6:18 AM