none
Which PC is recommended by Microsoft that ACTUALLY meet the requirements to work with software development for kinect for windows? RRS feed

• Question

• My PC serves the minimum requirements described in the kinect page, but when installing the device, the software says that the computer does not meet the minimum requirements and therefore will not work with efficiency. Alternatively, theorize buy a new computer.

Which PC is recommended by Microsoft that ACTUALLY meet the requirements to work with software development for kinect for windows?

Monday, April 13, 2015 1:49 PM

All replies

• Getting a definitive answer from Microsoft will be difficult as to my understanding, requirements are still subject to change; and unless it's their brand of PC  I doubt they will give free advertisement to buy a specific make/model.

There are other threads where people discuss specific machines that work with the Kinect V2.  

The only compatibility problems I've had with getting it to work are: It has to be run Windows 8; It has to have a compatible USB 3.0;  The 'Compatible' USB 3.0 requirement seems to be the most difficult.

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 12:24 PM