none
WCF-OracleEBS adaptor configuration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to configure a WCF-OracleEBS port to run a concurrent request in Oracle's E-Business Suite. I can't get the correct combination of oracleEBSOrganizationId, oracleEBSResponsibilityKey in the binding properties to connect successfully it seems.

When my port connects I get the error message:

Could not retrieve User ID, Responsibility ID, and Application ID. These values are required to set the application context."

I have tried running the CheckAppContext.exe application which is discussed, but it does not seem to find any matches " There are no responsibilites attached to this user and application".

I am trying to call the FND_REQUEST API in the APPS schema to run the "Order Import" concurrent request.

Many thanks

Brett 

Monday, October 3, 2011 2:42 PM

Answers

• Sorry for the late reply. I did get this working in the end, and although I had changes a few settings, it seemed to be the Language setting which got this working.

The Oracle DB/EBS we use was originally set to the 'US' local instead of the UK. Under bindings, When I change the Language setting to "AMERICAN" in the "MultiLanguageSupport"  field; it started working.

The other settings configured if useful to others:

In the Bindings tab:-
    ApplicationShortName:  ONT
    OracleEBSOrganizationId: 777
    OracleEBSResponsibilityKey: ORDER_MGMT_SUPER_USER
    OracleEBSResponsibilityName: Order Management Super User
    OraclePassword:   XXXXXXXXX
    OracleUserName:   XXXXXXXXX

The Oracle username above is one created in Ebusiness suite with the 'Order management Super User' responsibility, only for the purpose of running the concurrent request.

Under the General Tab:
    Address: oracleebs://XXXXXXXXXXX
    Action:  PackageApis/APPS/FND_REQUEST/SUBMIT_REQUEST

Credentials Tab:
    Select "Do not use single sign on" and populate with Database credentials.

Thanks for your offer of help Ben. Hopefully the details above will be helpful to someone else also.

Best regards

Brett

Monday, October 10, 2011 7:54 AM

All replies

• Could you paste here the full event log entry?

Were you able to generate a schema successfully?

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 10:48 PM
  • Sorry for the late reply. I did get this working in the end, and although I had changes a few settings, it seemed to be the Language setting which got this working.

The Oracle DB/EBS we use was originally set to the 'US' local instead of the UK. Under bindings, When I change the Language setting to "AMERICAN" in the "MultiLanguageSupport"  field; it started working.

The other settings configured if useful to others:

In the Bindings tab:-
    ApplicationShortName:  ONT
    OracleEBSOrganizationId: 777
    OracleEBSResponsibilityKey: ORDER_MGMT_SUPER_USER
    OracleEBSResponsibilityName: Order Management Super User
    OraclePassword:   XXXXXXXXX
    OracleUserName:   XXXXXXXXX

The Oracle username above is one created in Ebusiness suite with the 'Order management Super User' responsibility, only for the purpose of running the concurrent request.

Under the General Tab:
    Address: oracleebs://XXXXXXXXXXX
    Action:  PackageApis/APPS/FND_REQUEST/SUBMIT_REQUEST

Credentials Tab:
    Select "Do not use single sign on" and populate with Database credentials.

Thanks for your offer of help Ben. Hopefully the details above will be helpful to someone else also.

Best regards

Brett

Monday, October 10, 2011 7:54 AM