An exception of type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException' RRS feed

• Question

• User93267240 posted

I am new to Azure MVC development and am quite not sure how to properly debug runtime errors. The problem I am running into is that I have just finished going through the Microsoft Azure tutorial https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/cloud-services-dotnet-get-started/ and ran the application with the debugger fine the first time. During the processing of adding a new record to my virtual SQL database that application crashed. I then ran the application again and I am getting a RoleEnvironment with a null value. Of course the runtime error is: An exception of type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException'.

I guess if anyone knows what the problem is here that would be great. Secondly, if anyone has a good link on how to debug Azure MVC applications that would help me a lot.

Thanks,

Steve

Tuesday, September 8, 2015 5:21 PM

Answers

• User-646145796 posted

Hi,

>>'System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException'

This error message usually show us that you're not running in the dev fabric or Azure fabric, please double check your startup project is the cloud project, you should make sure you're running in the dev fabric or Azure fabric by checking RoleEnvironment.IsAvailable. If that's true, you're safe to call anything in RoleEnvironment. If it's false, you're not running within the fabric.

Best Regards,

Jambor

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, September 11, 2015 3:56 AM