none
Permissions regarding prerequisites in custom installer for add-ins RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am developing a custom setup using InstallAware IDE for installing word add-in.

In my setup project, I included .Net Framework 4.0, VSTO 4.0 etc. as prerequisites.

Now my doubt is, can we distribute the above Microsoft Products in our custom setup? If yes, can we install them in quiet mode instead of launching original setups?

Please clarify these doubts.

Thanks in advance!!!

Surya Praveen

Friday, March 29, 2013 6:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Surya,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

When we install Microsoft Products, we can always see items of use and restrictions before we click "I Agree" and continue installation.

Generally speaking, .Net 4.0 and VSTO Runtime are redistributable. You can see them from
    Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Standalone Installer)
    Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime

For a specific product, I think you can refer to these items and restrictions to see what you can do with the product.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 6:14 AM
  • Hi Surya,

I temporarily marked the reply as answer. You can unmark it if it provides no help.

Please feel free to let us know if you need any further help.

Have a nice day.

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 10:00 AM
  • Hi Quist Zhang,

Sorry for unmarking your reply as answer. I am afraid if I didnot, my question will not be answered completely forever. I also appologize for responding to your reply very lately.

Your reply answered one of my questions that whether we can distribute Microsoft Products with our custom setups. Thanks for this! So, I voted your reply as helpful.

Now please also let me know, if we can run the installation of these redistributables in quiet mode. I am worried if we run these installations in quiet mode, users will not be able to agree for Microsoft's terms and conditions.

Thanks in advance!

Surya Praveen

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 5:31 AM