Document to Testers RRS feed

• Question

• User-574293449 posted

hi,

I already asked about developer document about describing the coding and way of flowing so that other develoeprs read and understand the application / module. From the following discussion forum i got 'Functional Specification' is the document for that

http://forums.asp.net/t/1555414.aspx 

Now i wanted to creata a document for tester to specify the testing requirement. The testers test the application / module according to this document and they create thier own document and reports. Which document i used to create for this? any template and the name of this document? some people told that 'FSD' is this. But i am confused.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 12:59 AM

Answers

• User-952121411 posted

Now i wanted to creata a document for tester to specify the testing requirement.

I think you may be refereeing to a User Acceptance Test (UAT) Document.  I am sure there may be application suites or software out there with a template, but at its most basic form it can be a Word or Excel document with the following columns:

• Test Step (1...n)
    • Test Step Description
    • Action Procedure
    • Expected Results
    • Actual Results
    • Pass/Fail
    • Incident # (Optional)

I believe Team Foundation Server in VS.NET 2010 has some really nice support for UAT integrated for the testers to go through the created steps.  In a demo I saw it will even record the users action and play back for the developer if there was an issue along with detailed trace information regarding the state of the application.  You may want to venture over to a TFS Forum on the MSDN forums for more information or questions on using that product.

Hope this helps! Smile

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, May 13, 2010 5:17 PM

All replies

• User-952121411 posted

Now i wanted to creata a document for tester to specify the testing requirement.

I think you may be refereeing to a User Acceptance Test (UAT) Document.  I am sure there may be application suites or software out there with a template, but at its most basic form it can be a Word or Excel document with the following columns:

• Test Step (1...n)
    • Test Step Description
    • Action Procedure
    • Expected Results
    • Actual Results
    • Pass/Fail
    • Incident # (Optional)

I believe Team Foundation Server in VS.NET 2010 has some really nice support for UAT integrated for the testers to go through the created steps.  In a demo I saw it will even record the users action and play back for the developer if there was an issue along with detailed trace information regarding the state of the application.  You may want to venture over to a TFS Forum on the MSDN forums for more information or questions on using that product.

Hope this helps! Smile

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, May 13, 2010 5:17 PM
  • User-574293449 posted

hi,

thanks for the reply. I am in development team. i finished my development the application is send for testing now. So i need to give the testing criterias like valid inputs and something like that to testing team. I need that document.

Friday, May 14, 2010 12:35 AM