none
.Net Reference dll giving error when website dll is updated one RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In my source code A i am having a reference dll B which i am adding from another source code(B) by using browse tab.

But when ever the B source code is updated and placed in the website . I am getting error for my source code as below

Could not load file or assembly  or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Please help me how to resolve this.

Thanks,

Monday, February 27, 2017 6:48 AM

All replies

• Hi susmithateli,

I wonder if your assembly does not match what was requested and therefore you get this error. In simple words, it can't find the assembly that was referenced. Please make sure it can find the right assembly by putting it in the GAC or in the application path. Also see http://blogs.msdn.com/junfeng/archive/2004/03/25/95826.aspx.

Have a nice day!

Kristin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 27, 2017 9:03 AM