Multiple Patient Conections Offline Application RRS feed

• Question

• Has something changed with regard to allowing multiple PatientConnections in an Offline Application scenario?

I am able to get multiple Connectoin Requests by usign a different ApplicationPersonID and calling:

_identityCode =

PatientConnection.Create(_offlineConnection, friendlyName, securityQuestion, securityAnswer, null, ApplicationPersonID)

The first time thru the authorization process everything works fine.

The next time a PatientConnection.Create is tried the shell redirects to the SELECTEDRECORDCHANGED target right after the user chooses the record to authorize but before the user is allowed to actually authorize the record. Therefore there is no validated connectino for the connection request.

What am I missing here?  This seemed to work for some time and now it doesn not.

Thanks.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009 3:15 PM

Answers

• The issue is when an identity code is used twice, or a new identity code is used with an existing record—HealthVault infers that the selected record may have changed, and if the Action URL is not null, it will redirect users to the SELECTEDRECORDCHANGED target, by design.

In theory, Patient Connect (D2C) applications may also have a working Action URL, which is why the behavior was designed this way.

In practice, the Application Configuration Center required Action URLs to be non-null.

So, before taking applications live, we will assist you in removing the Action URL so it is correctly empty. In the PPE environment, please consider this a known issue, as it does not prevent normal development and testing efforts.

-Mahesh
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 12:00 AM

All replies

• Hello razcode,

Can you provide me your Application ID?

-Mahesh
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 4:14 PM
  • Sure Mahesh:

412698a6-6eb6-4a13-9cbd-cc0cdc60b533

Thanks for looking into this for me.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009 4:34 PM
  • The issue is when an identity code is used twice, or a new identity code is used with an existing record—HealthVault infers that the selected record may have changed, and if the Action URL is not null, it will redirect users to the SELECTEDRECORDCHANGED target, by design.

In theory, Patient Connect (D2C) applications may also have a working Action URL, which is why the behavior was designed this way.

In practice, the Application Configuration Center required Action URLs to be non-null.

So, before taking applications live, we will assist you in removing the Action URL so it is correctly empty. In the PPE environment, please consider this a known issue, as it does not prevent normal development and testing efforts.

-Mahesh
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 12:00 AM
  • Thanks for the explanation Mahesh.

So if I understand you correctly, the behavior I am experiencing when doing multiple patient connections is a side effect of the PPE environment and the requirment for having an Action URL that is non-null. And in the production environment an offline app has an Action URL that is null or empty, which will resolve this issue.

Am I understanding correclty?

Thanks
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 11:39 AM
  • Your understanding is correct.

-Mahesh
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 3:25 PM