none
Do I need to do something particular to allow sending UDP from Visual Studio 2013 (GStreamer-Qt5Addin)

Question

• I've tested many gstreamer pipelines both from command line and visual studio just to be sure that they all work. And they do, except for sending data via udp (UDPSINK).

Even if I build a pipeline with three branches (from a tee), and one goes to a videosink, another to an audiosink and another to a udpsink, only the first two effectively do their job. Can't send UDP neither to localhost neither to another pc in the local network.

I can see all packets in wireshark when I send them from command-line. Yet I need to incorporate those pipeline into a vs project.

So why can't I send data via UDP in Visual Studio? What may it be? Privileges, maybe some sort of firewall inside vs? Has anyone had experience with that?

The Visual Studio 2013 Solution includes:

• visual c++ (only std libraries)
    • qt5 add-in
    • gstreamer

Some code. As you can see it's very simple:

GstElement* pipe = NULL;
    const char* pattern_4 = "audiotestsrc ! audioconvert ! rtpL16pay ! udpsink host=10.11.90.9 port=5678";

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
    {
        gst_init(&argc, &argv);
        GLoopThread* loop_t = new GLoopThread(); // this runs the GMainLoop in a separate thread
        loop_t->start();

QApplication a(argc, argv);
        PipelineTester w;
        w.showMaximized();

pipe = gst_parse_launch(pattern_4, NULL);

gst_element_set_state(pipe, GST_STATE_PLAYING);
        return a.exec();
    }

As said before, other pipelines (even more complex) work correctly, just the udp part does not seem to do anything.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 8:13 AM

All replies

• Hi mapcol,

This forum is discussing Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

Your issue is related to third party component ( GStreamer ). I think the following forum may be good for you to resolve your issue.

http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/

Sincerely,

Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, August 18, 2016 5:35 AM