none
Can I define the same UDF in more than on add in? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I create add ins for various different purposes for different users. I would like to be able to have some User Defined Functions that are defined in more than one add in so that they will work if a user has any of those add in installed. Is that possible? If  there are UDFs with the same name and same results in two add ins will they work correctly if someone has both add ins installed? Or do they need to have different names in different add ins?

Thanks,

Ethan

Ethan Strauss

Monday, December 11, 2017 8:13 PM

All replies

• Hello Ethan,

I create a UDF with the same name in the two automation add-ins. It works fine if i install both add-ins. You may download sample automation add-in from https://code.msdn.microsoft.com/office/CSExcelAutomationAddIn-c46f6956, create a similar one and have a test. If it does not work for you, please let me know.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 3:34 AM