How to programetically select "High Defination Audio device" in Windows Vista Sound property? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am working on sound property for Windows Vista. In windows vista if i right click on the sound icon on the task bar and select property from menu then property sheet for sound device opens. In the second tab of that property sheet all the "High Defination Audio" devices(eg. Speaker,Mic,Digital sound etc.) are displays.

My question is that i want to select audio device programttically, by using registry or any Windows API or any other way which is possible. How can i do this? Any one can help me please.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 1:47 PM

Answers

• You can't.  There is no exposed interface to allow developers to change this setting, it's reserved for the user.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006 2:59 PM

All replies

• You can't.  There is no exposed interface to allow developers to change this setting, it's reserved for the user.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006 2:59 PM
  • Hi Larry,

Thank you for your help, but i want to implement this any how. So if you find the way to do this then please replay me.

Monday, December 18, 2006 5:44 AM