Timeout exception while connecting blob storage from a Dev enviornment (local machine) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an application where i am uploading  file into blob storage  and its working in cloud.

my problem is when i try to run same application from my Dev febric it is not able to connect azure storage however it is working fine when i use "UseDevelopmentStorage=True"  as a connection string 

In other way whenever I point to actual storage account  and try to run in Dev febric its throwing timeout exception.

Thanks a lot in advance.

• Edited by C.P.Singh Wednesday, March 21, 2012 12:39 PM
    Wednesday, March 21, 2012 10:08 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Make sure your cloud storage connection string is correct at first, if connection string is OK, try to upload your application on Windows Azure to see if it works. If it can still work on the cloud, maybe it's your local environment issue. Would you like provide where does this exception message was thrown, CreateIfNotExists() method or others?

Use Fiddler to capture the application request to cloud and get more details.

http://www.fiddler2.com/fiddler2/

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not. If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com Microsoft One Code Framework

• Marked as answer by Arwind - MSFT Tuesday, March 27, 2012 11:34 AM
    Thursday, March 22, 2012 3:15 AM

All replies

• You might want to add the actual content to your post, since it is missing now ...

Be nice to nerds ... Chances are you'll end up working for one!

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 10:13 AM
  • Are you attempting to upload a large file ?

Be nice to nerds ... Chances are you'll end up working for one!

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 6:41 PM
  • Hi,

Make sure your cloud storage connection string is correct at first, if connection string is OK, try to upload your application on Windows Azure to see if it works. If it can still work on the cloud, maybe it's your local environment issue. Would you like provide where does this exception message was thrown, CreateIfNotExists() method or others?

Use Fiddler to capture the application request to cloud and get more details.

http://www.fiddler2.com/fiddler2/

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not. If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com Microsoft One Code Framework

• Marked as answer by Arwind - MSFT Tuesday, March 27, 2012 11:34 AM
    Thursday, March 22, 2012 3:15 AM