none
MSDN Software downloads RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to validate software that was downloaded via MSDN accounts?

How can I validate that software was downloaded within the MSDN account.

Thanks

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 6:18 AM

All replies

• Is there a way to validate software that was downloaded via MSDN accounts?

How can I validate that software was downloaded within the MSDN account.

Thanks

Dear Tonrosales,

Can you please rephrase your question. What do you mean by validating the software? You mean the HASH check?

Thanks
    prathaprabhu

I am a Microsoft Partner and I want to become MVP and MCC of Microsoft Licensing.

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 1:57 PM
  • How can I validate the software that was downloaded using an MSDN account.

Example,  SQL Server, I see some deployments but need to validate how they were downloaded.  Since no license keys are needed.

Does this help

Thanks

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 7:57 PM
  • How can I validate the software that was downloaded using an MSDN account.

Example,  SQL Server, I see some deployments but need to validate how they were downloaded.  Since no license keys are needed.

Does this help

Thanks

I still don't understand what do you mean by "Validation" here?. You want to check the integrity of the downloaded ISO file? If so you can use HashTab or similar tools.

Please let me know

Thanks
    prathaprabhu

I am a Microsoft Partner and I want to become MVP and MCC of Microsoft Licensing.

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 9:28 PM
  • OK,  When I download and install any MS product (office0 I need to go through an activation process and may need to enter and license key for verification purposes. 

When I look at my environment and see SQL server deployed, is there a way to identify that these installs were done via an MSDN account or full versions

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 9:39 PM
  • OK,  When I download and install any MS product (office0 I need to go through an activation process and may need to enter and license key for verification purposes. 

When I look at my environment and see SQL server deployed, is there a way to identify that these installs were done via an MSDN account or full versions

Dear Tonrosales,

Thanks for rephrasing your question, there is no official way to check the source of the installation in your environment. But you can try these general steps.

1. Please check the installed product key and the edition.

2. Check this link for the different editions and pricing https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sql-server/sql-server-2016-pricing and I suppose SQL Server Enterprise is available only from Volume Licensing and Standard is available in both the channels.

Please note: This section is only for MSDN subscription and related queries, if you believe that my answer is good enough please mark it as answered.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?category=sqlserver

Thanks
    prathaprabhu

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 2:02 AM