How can I detect memory leak on Windows Mobile 6.0/6.1???(Windows Mobile is very difficult) RRS feed

• Question

• Now, I'm developing Application using Windows Mobile 6.1.

Finally, I'd like to check the memory leak and the stability of the application.

However, there is only Application Verifier only for Windows CE 5.0.

I'm sure some engineer use this application verifier for Windows Mobile 6.0.

The process is very difficult.

I wanna easy way to detect memory leak on Windows Mobile 6.0/6.1.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 7:24 AM

Answers

• Are you having a specific problem using Application Verfier?

There isn't an "easy way" to detect a memory leak. You can:
       1. Review the code to ensure that memory  and handles that are allocated is properly deallocated.
       2. Run an application like Application Verifier, review the logs, then go back to step 1, but with a better idea of where to look in the code.
       3. Test the program by using it. Reproduce any situation in which it doesn't behave to the specification, then return to step 1, but with a better idea of where to look in the code.

-PaulH

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 2:09 PM

All replies

• Are you having a specific problem using Application Verfier?

There isn't an "easy way" to detect a memory leak. You can:
       1. Review the code to ensure that memory  and handles that are allocated is properly deallocated.
       2. Run an application like Application Verifier, review the logs, then go back to step 1, but with a better idea of where to look in the code.
       3. Test the program by using it. Reproduce any situation in which it doesn't behave to the specification, then return to step 1, but with a better idea of where to look in the code.

-PaulH

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 2:09 PM
  • Hi blueOsky,

Do you solve the issue, if not can provide further question after Paul's reply?

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Friday, April 30, 2010 6:55 AM