none
NET Framework? RRS feed

• Question

• I have Microsoft.NET Framwork 2.0 service pack 2, 3.0 service pack 2, & 3.5 SP1 on my computer. I have Windows XP. My computer is running very slow and I need to get rid of unnecessary programs. Do I really need these and can I get rid of them without hurting my pc?

Monday, March 28, 2011 7:50 PM

Answers

• First, what you have is *one* framework.

.NET Framework 2.0, and its extensions .NET 3.0 and .NET 3.5 are one framework. You cannot, for example, remove 2.0 and still have 3.5.

The .NET Framework is not a program, per se. It provides a managed environment needed by many Windows programs. If you were to remove your .NET Framework, you'd probably find that many applications you use regularly would no longer run. As the .NET Framework is not a program, it's unlikely that it has anything do do with your PC running slowly. I suggest you not try to remove any aprt of your framework.

It is possible that reduced free space on your hard drive could affect your PC's performance. To investigate *safe* ways to recover disc space on your XP system, please ask here:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp

Monday, March 28, 2011 11:17 PM