UWP: Icon assets must be provided in appropriate resolutions for all targeted devices RRS feed

• Question

• My  C++ UWP app produced using Visual Studio 2017 has been rejected twice from the Microsoft Store with message:

App Policies: 10.1.4 Icon

Notes To Developer

Icon assets must be provided in appropriate resolutions for all targeted devices. For information on creating and providing the appropriate icon assets, please see this page: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/design/shell/tiles-and-notifications/app-assets

I am using the Asset Generator in the Visual Assets tab of the Package.appxmanifest file. Isn't it supposed to generate all the required icons? What am I missing?

Thursday, June 28, 2018 4:15 PM

Answers

• I contacted the review team and they said the following:

"If you generated your icons using Visual Studio, you would need to delete the icons you have and recreate them in Visual Studio. Make sure to uncheck the “apply recommended padding” option because this resizes all your icons and adds the borders around them."

So I unchecked 'apply recommended padding' in the Visual Assets tab. Secondly, I noticed that in the Assets folder, two icons were being left as the default cross icon, namely LockScreenLogo.scale-200.png and StoreLogo.backup.png. I manually changed them.

The submission was approved, so either one or both of these steps corrected the issue.

• Marked as answer by Tom.Gtan Wednesday, July 4, 2018 7:39 AM
    Tuesday, July 3, 2018 7:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Tom,

The UWP Visual Assets Generator creates all the visual assets needed for an UWP app, you'd better read the article provided by the link.

After reading the articles, could you rebuild the project and select the proper picture to try again?

Best Regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 29, 2018 8:58 AM
  • I contacted the review team and they said the following:

"If you generated your icons using Visual Studio, you would need to delete the icons you have and recreate them in Visual Studio. Make sure to uncheck the “apply recommended padding” option because this resizes all your icons and adds the borders around them."

So I unchecked 'apply recommended padding' in the Visual Assets tab. Secondly, I noticed that in the Assets folder, two icons were being left as the default cross icon, namely LockScreenLogo.scale-200.png and StoreLogo.backup.png. I manually changed them.

The submission was approved, so either one or both of these steps corrected the issue.

• Marked as answer by Tom.Gtan Wednesday, July 4, 2018 7:39 AM
    Tuesday, July 3, 2018 7:27 AM
  • Hi Tom,
    Sorry for the trouble and thanks for sharing your experience. You can mark your reply as answer so that other community member reading this thread could know how to deal with it.
    Best Regards
    Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 4, 2018 7:12 AM