none
Most Common Version of Exchange? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I am planning to build an Outlook app and/or add-in, and am debating the merits of developing for Exchange 2010 or 2013 initially. Given the new app support for 2013, it seems like that would be the easiest from a development standpoint. However, most of the enterprise market is probably still running 2010. Does anyone know the market breakdown is for enterprise usage between versions 2007/10/13? If nobody is running 2013 yet, we don't want to waste our efforts. Knowing those rough statistics would be a huge help.

Thank you to anyone who can shed some light on this!

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 6:08 PM

All replies

• I would say most of the Organizations are using Exchange 2010.
    There are Companies using exchange 2013, but migration to 2013 pace is little slow.

Cheers,

Gulab Prasad

Technology Consultant

Blog: http://www.exchangeranger.com    Twitter:   LinkedIn:
       Check out CodeTwo’s tools for Exchange admins

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Monday, January 13, 2014 3:42 AM
  • Thank you Gulab for taking the time to reply!

I wonder what the actual numbers are, and what the pace of migration to 2013 will be over the coming year. 

Best,

B

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 1:29 AM
  • I do not know the exact number. But it should grow after SP1 for Exchange 2013.

Cheers,

Gulab Prasad

Technology Consultant

Blog: http://www.exchangeranger.com    Twitter:   LinkedIn:
       Check out CodeTwo’s tools for Exchange admins

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 6:14 AM