none
Customising Agent Desktop Panel RRS feed

• Question

•  

I want to change the layout of CCF Agent Desktop - chnage the height and width of those panels.

Is this possible ? If so, what tools do I need - would VS 2008 enough ? Is the source codes come with CCF 2008 enough to start with?

Thanks.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 7:55 AM

Answers

•  

Yes, you can easily customize the CCF agent desktop using Visual Studio.

Install Source Code component from setup and open AgentDesktop solution in VS and change files(desktop.cs etc.) in Microsoft.Ccf.Samples.Csr.AgentDesktop project to adjust height and width.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 8:23 AM
  • Once u add a CCF panel onto the Desktop form, u need to add this piece of code in startHostedApplications method.

this.AppsUI.AddPanel(this.SamplePanel); Thats all......u can now host an application within this panel.......only give this panel name in the display group while configuring the application.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 10:51 AM

All replies

•  

Yes, you can easily customize the CCF agent desktop using Visual Studio.

Install Source Code component from setup and open AgentDesktop solution in VS and change files(desktop.cs etc.) in Microsoft.Ccf.Samples.Csr.AgentDesktop project to adjust height and width.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 8:23 AM
  • Thanks to RMG2007.

Yup, no problem modifying the dimension but I also want to add a new panel on the left side of the Desktop that fully replaces Session & WorkFlow Panels. I hit error when compiling this line:

this.sidePanel = new CCFPanel();

'Microsoft.Ccf.Samples.Csr.AgentDesktop.Desktop' does not contain a definition for 'sidePanel'

How do I proceed ?

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 9:12 AM
  • Once u add a CCF panel onto the Desktop form, u need to add this piece of code in startHostedApplications method.

this.AppsUI.AddPanel(this.SamplePanel); Thats all......u can now host an application within this panel.......only give this panel name in the display group while configuring the application.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 10:51 AM
  • Thanks guys. All answers are helpful.

Thursday, June 19, 2008 2:36 AM
  • Is this VS 2008 or 2005? I tried to open Desktop.cs in VS 2005 and it gave me the following error:

One or more errors encountered while loading the designer. The errors are listed below. Some errors can be fixed by rebuilding your project, while others may require code changes.

The designer could not be shown for this file because none of the classes within it can be designed. The designer inspected the following classes in the file: Desktop --- The base class 'Microsoft.Ccf.Csr.UIConfiguration.UIConfiguration' could not be loaded. Ensure the assembly has been referenced and that all projects have been built. 

at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomDesignerLoader.EnsureDocument(IDesignerSerializationManager manager)
    at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomDesignerLoader.PerformLoad(IDesignerSerializationManager manager)
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomDesignerLoader.PerformLoad(IDesignerSerializationManager serializationManager)
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomDesignerLoader.DeferredLoadHandler.Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextManager.Interop.IVsTextBufferDataEvents.OnLoadCompleted(Int32 fReload)

Greatly appreciate your time and help on this.

Thursday, July 17, 2008 7:58 AM
  • This is in VS 2005. You can remove the error this way:

Goto the UIConfiguration class in Microsoft.Ccf.Samples.HostedControlInterfaces project.

Goto the code.

Find out the line  :

private RegisterClientClient register = new RegisterClientClient(); and change it to

private RegisterClientClient register ;//= new RegisterClientClient();

Do the initialization in the load event.

private void UIConfiguration_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

if (!DesignMode)

{

register = new RegisterClientClient();

}

}

Clean the entire solution. Then try opening the Desktop class. Hopefully it should work.

Thursday, July 17, 2008 11:25 AM
  • Worked like a charm!!!

Thank you so much Debangshu!

Thursday, July 17, 2008 1:28 PM