none
SharePoint 2013 Cumulative Update (October 2013) Order of Installation on App & Web Servers RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

While configuring cumulative updates for SharePoint 2013 on App and WFE Servers can we install CU on both App and WFE servers simultaneously? Or we should complete the installation on App Server first and then move to the Web server?

I'm already done with the March Update and first installed the update on App Server then did the same on Web Server. PSConfig executed successfully and now I am going to install October CU. However, in order to save time can we configure CU on both at the same time. Will it cause any issues or problems?

What would be the safe and correct approach?

Thanks, 

Haider

Saturday, November 23, 2013 10:51 AM

Answers

• Not surprised you would get inaccurate information from PSS.

Trevor Seward, MCC

Follow or contact me at...

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Marked as answer by Lindali Friday, November 29, 2013 9:37 AM
    Saturday, November 23, 2013 5:48 PM

All replies

• Not a issues , you can deploy CU at the same time.

*Please remember to mark your question as answered & Vote helpful,if this solves/helps your problem.*

Regards,

Jayant

jayant prabhakar

Saturday, November 23, 2013 11:57 AM
  • you can run the CU on all server simultaneously( all servers at the same time), but for the config wizard start from the App server 1st( 1 server at a time).

Please remember to mark your question as answered &Vote helpful,if this solves/helps your problem. ****************************************************************************************** Thanks -WS MCITP(SharePoint 2010, 2013) Blog: http://wscheema.com/blog

Saturday, November 23, 2013 4:26 PM
  • The order the Config Wizard does not matter, it can be run on any server in any order you wish.

Trevor Seward, MCC

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Saturday, November 23, 2013 5:31 PM
  • The order the Config Wizard does not matter, it can be run on any server in any order you wish.

Trevor Seward, MCC

I am not disagree with you but That's what was told us By MSFT, all the time run the Config wizard on the App server to avoid the issue we had in environment.

Please remember to mark your question as answered &Vote helpful,if this solves/helps your problem. ****************************************************************************************** Thanks -WS MCITP(SharePoint 2010, 2013) Blog: http://wscheema.com/blog

Saturday, November 23, 2013 5:45 PM
  • Not surprised you would get inaccurate information from PSS.

Trevor Seward, MCC

• Marked as answer by Lindali Friday, November 29, 2013 9:37 AM
    Saturday, November 23, 2013 5:48 PM