Error in Activating Product key

Question

• My windows developer preview of windows 8 has issue on the product key.. it ask for a product key and when I tried to activate it using the key from build site. it say it has error in activating it,, error 0xC000000d or an invalid parameter was passed to a service or function., can i still used windows 8 up to march 8 2012? as stated in the terms?/
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 2:31 AM

Answers

• Michalle,

Yes.  An unactivated machine will continue to run up through March 8th.  The Windows Developer Preview images supplied should have had the key insterted into the image and not require you to enter one.  At what point were you asked for a key?  During the first part of setup or when you had completed setup?

If you get asked for this post setup, open the System Properties screen and verify the machine is no activated.  In some cases it appears to ask for a key, but then to activate with the inserted one just fine.

If the key is getting asked for at the launch of setup, there is a good guess that the install media is not great.  I would consider redownload of the ISO and recreation of the install media.

Let me know if any of this helps,

Charles

Sunday, September 18, 2011 3:42 AM