Metro APPS not working - Call was canceled by the message filter - ms-windows-store:PDP?PFN=microsoft.tweetrama...

Question

•  

My computer has a 21.5 monitor, 1920x1080px, Windows 7 and Windows 8 x32 without developer tools (dual boot).

But wen I click in a metro app (only IE app works) the tile is displayed in all the screen, but no load. Some seconds, and appears the start screen.

What can this be?

Now appears this error.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 7:23 PM

Answers

• Hello everyone,

If you have or are experiencing an error message similar to:

"ms-windows-store:PDP?PFN=microsoft.weather_8wekyb3d8bbwe&errorCode=80073d01
    Call was canceled by the message filter"

Please submit this error as feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program. If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview. There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here.

During the bug submission process it would help to have the content of two exported registry keys attached to your submission. The registry keys in question are:

• HKEY_CURRENT-USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\Repository\Packages
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\StateChange

To export the keys:

• Right click on the location in the registry
    • Click Export
    • Choose a location and name for the exported registry file
    • Click Save
    • Repeat process for other key

When submitting your bug please include this portion of your error message in the "Briefly summarize your issue:" field:
    "errorCode=80073d01"

Also when you reach the "Confirm and Send" screen in the bug submission, please click Add... and upload the following files:

• "%SystemRoot%\System32\Winevt\Logs\Microsoft-Windows-AppXDeploymentServer%4Operational.evtx"
    • The two exported registry keys you exported above

Thanks again for your feedback.

Steven
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 12:01 AM

All replies

• I have exactly the Same Issue.

I installed Developer Bundle.

At First I was Fine with Apps working,

Later After Installing my ZTE modem for Internet, Non Of the Apps Work apart from IE and desktop app

Thursday, September 15, 2011 7:28 PM
  • Hey everyone,

Let's try creating a new local user account to see if the same error occurs. You can try this by:

• Enter the Start screen
    • Click Users in the left column
    • Click Add a user
    • Click More about logon options
    • Click Local account
    • Enter the desired account information
    • Click Next

Then click your username in the top right of the Start screen and click Log off. Then log into the new user account and test to see if the same problem occurs.

Hope that helps.

Steven
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 2:43 AM
  • I have the same issue.  I have created 2 new users, one as an administrator one as a normal user and still apps don't run.  I have also played with about a half dozen screen resolutions.

Any solutions?

Monday, October 10, 2011 12:34 AM
  • Hi Steven,

Thanks for your suggestion, But adding another user does not help to solve the problem. I had even set the admin rights to the user. Every metro app lead to store app automatically and get this error message "call was cancelled...."

Could you offer any other solution?

Thanks n good luck

By

Chandra

Monday, October 10, 2011 3:21 PM
  • Hello everyone,

If you have or are experiencing an error message similar to:

"ms-windows-store:PDP?PFN=microsoft.weather_8wekyb3d8bbwe&errorCode=80073d01
    Call was canceled by the message filter"

Please submit this error as feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program. If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview. There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here.

During the bug submission process it would help to have the content of two exported registry keys attached to your submission. The registry keys in question are:

• HKEY_CURRENT-USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\Repository\Packages
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\StateChange

To export the keys:

• Right click on the location in the registry
    • Click Export
    • Choose a location and name for the exported registry file
    • Click Save
    • Repeat process for other key

When submitting your bug please include this portion of your error message in the "Briefly summarize your issue:" field:
    "errorCode=80073d01"

Also when you reach the "Confirm and Send" screen in the bug submission, please click Add... and upload the following files:

• "%SystemRoot%\System32\Winevt\Logs\Microsoft-Windows-AppXDeploymentServer%4Operational.evtx"
    • The two exported registry keys you exported above

Thanks again for your feedback.

Steven
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 12:01 AM