Couple of basic questions RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all!

New to Windows 7 embedded, have a couple of questions.  I'm looking at cost.  I have a product that will deploy 5 to 100 or computers per sale.  I was looking at purchasing OEM's, but how much can I really save if I use the embedded version.  What is a rough price for the Windows embedded 7 software, then there is a cost for each station, correct?

So my plan is to build an image with embedded, customize it with the software I need, then creat an image of that, then deploy the image.  Am I on the right track?

Thanks!

Rudy

• Moved by Srikanth Kamath [MSFT] Thursday, June 17, 2010 5:37 AM (From:Standard 7: Embedded Enabling Features (EEFs))
    Thursday, June 17, 2010 2:34 AM

All replies

• Pricing is something a distributor can answer.

You are correct on your second question. The W7E tools allow you to create a custom installation soluton that you can install on a target system. Then you can make that target system the master and clone it for production.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com, Book Author - XP Embedded Advanced, XPe Supplemental Toolkit, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Thursday, June 17, 2010 5:25 PM
  • Thanks Sean!

I did talk to a distributor on this. $995 for the software, and about $89 for each runtime license.  I'm not using a big footprint so it's a little cheaper.

I'm still not sure if this is the way to go, but I'm leaning this way. 

Thanks!

Rudy

Friday, June 18, 2010 12:58 AM