Copying Task Fields to Resource Fields RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a need to copy data from a task field to a resource field.  Basically I want to add the Project Name to every activity against each resource name in the Resource Usage View.  I have a piece of code from Jack Dahlgren that will copy Task Field data to an Assignment Field but I need it to go in to a custom Resource Field, say Text1.

Any help/guidance would be appreciated as I am stuck.

Kind regards

Tony

TKHussar

Friday, January 30, 2015 1:17 PM

Answers

• Sorry, having read the question correctly, just insert the Project field ; it displays the Project Name :) 

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

Monday, February 2, 2015 10:02 AM

All replies

• Hi Tony,

According to the description, you were developing with Microsoft Project. I woud like to move it to Project Customization and Programming forum.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, February 2, 2015 5:54 AM
  • Hi TKHussar

This is easy to do using the Title Field.

1. Insert the Text 1 field into the resource sheet.

2. Edit the formula

3. Enter the formula as [Title]

Then create a resource.  The text 1 field for the resource will be the Project title, which by default is the project name.  See the image below.

Monday, February 2, 2015 9:57 AM
  • Sorry, having read the question correctly, just insert the Project field ; it displays the Project Name :) 

Monday, February 2, 2015 10:02 AM
  • Hi Ben

Many thanks for your response.  The first option, using Text1 (Resource Field) works great.  However the second option does not allow me to select the "Project" field when I select "Show Properties in Report", the Project field is not available.

Again many thanks for your help.

Tony

TKHussar

• Marked as answer by TKHussar Monday, February 2, 2015 11:09 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by TKHussar Monday, February 2, 2015 11:09 AM
    Monday, February 2, 2015 11:09 AM