none
Evaluate / Conclude / Decide Technologies involved? RRS feed

  • Question

  • Which stage in the Software Architecture phase do you evaluate / conclude /decide Technologies involved?
     What do you capture
     How do you capture
     How do you compare and contrast Technology benefits to Business in terms of Cost, ROI, Viabiality, Technical  feasibility?
     How do you justify that your decisions better/best fit for the Business as per requirements?
    Tuesday, April 6, 2010 6:12 AM

All replies

  • Greetings,

    Before creating software architecture , you need to what your client wants. You must stricitly should meet the bussiness of your client.  Main things that you look into the sofware architecture is about scalability , performance . Your software archtiecture should flexible enough to meet the future bussiness requirement.

    Please do not jump into anything, it is time taking process , based on the bussiness  requirement , please create use case for the bussiness requirement and then make feasibility study on which you need to adapt to implement and delievery project.

    The critical sucess of your project planning , scheduling , people management , testing , deliever client. Ensure all the critical areas of the software archiecture should taken into. You need to have very good database for project architecture.

    Discuss with software professionals and get their opionion and think of coming out with a best solution. Group discussion always help.

    Hope this helps

    Take Care

    PL

     

     

     


    Helping People To Solve Technical Problems
    Tuesday, April 6, 2010 3:05 PM
  • Greetings,

    Before creating software architecture , you need to what your client wants. You must stricitly should meet the bussiness of your client.  Main things that you look into the sofware architecture is about scalability , performance . Your software archtiecture should flexible enough to meet the future bussiness requirement.

    Please do not jump into anything, it is time taking process , based on the bussiness  requirement , please create use case for the bussiness requirement and then make feasibility study on which you need to adapt to implement and delievery project.

    The critical sucess of your project planning , scheduling , people management , testing , deliever client. Ensure all the critical areas of the software archiecture should taken into. You need to have very good database for project architecture.

    Discuss with software professionals and get their opionion and think of coming out with a best solution. Group discussion always help.

    Hope this helps

    Take Care

    PL

     

     

     


    Helping People To Solve Technical Problems
    Tuesday, April 6, 2010 3:06 PM
  • One way to conduct such analysis is to focus on core business scenarios. Identify top business scenarios your product needs to support and make sure these scenarios can be implemented in simplest way. The technologies you pick should serve for the purpose. A general 80-20 rule should apply – 80% of scenarios should be simple to implement, yet the other 20% is possible. Very often there’s associated risk choosing certain technology. A principle is to try to isolate high risk areas – think that it may need to be swapped out later. In this way even an imperfect decision was made the damage is controlled. As a matter of fact, requirements usually only solidify over time, so build POC to help your customer to fully realize the requirements. POC also helps you to exercise picked technologies to verify if 80-20 goal can be achieved. Last but not least, you have to take your team’s capability into consideration.

    Tuesday, April 6, 2010 4:39 PM
  • Architecture is usually based on technologies or standards, so you cannot separate them. This mean your architecture will change with the set of technologies planned.

    Evaluation of technologies should be based on capabilities to meet business needs, ability to sustain skill levels and expertise, and 5-10 year plan to use technology, cost of ownership

     

     

    Tuesday, April 6, 2010 7:13 PM