No such interface supported with v3 RRS feed

• Question

• I install Office 12 Beta 2 and VSTO v3. Attempting to create a new project of type Excel 12 Workbook in VS 2005 fails altough it generates some files on the disk. Opening the project file manually results in the following error and the project fails to load:

---------------------------
    Microsoft Visual Studio
    The operation could not be completed. No such interface supported
    OK  

I re-installed WinFX Runtime Components - February Community Technology Preview (CTP) and vsto3ctp.exe to no avail. I have also Office 2003 installed on the same machine. Office 2007 Beta 2 and VSTO was installed after Office 2003.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 4:30 PM

Answers

• The key datapoint in your config description above is " I have also Office 2003 installed on the same machine". This sort of side-by-side configuration is not supported by the CTP, nor VSTO in general. It is known to cause many serious breaking problems. The CTP should be installed on an Office 12-only machine. When you install O2007, you should intruct it to replace O2003, not install side-by-side with it.

Hope this helps!

Thursday, July 13, 2006 6:26 PM

All replies

• The key datapoint in your config description above is " I have also Office 2003 installed on the same machine". This sort of side-by-side configuration is not supported by the CTP, nor VSTO in general. It is known to cause many serious breaking problems. The CTP should be installed on an Office 12-only machine. When you install O2007, you should intruct it to replace O2003, not install side-by-side with it.

Hope this helps!

Thursday, July 13, 2006 6:26 PM
  • Thanks Martin.

I uninstalled Office 12 and re-installed with Upgrade option and this time it works! Thanks. I assume the final VSTO release will support side-by-side install since Office 12 supports it.

Friday, July 14, 2006 9:08 PM